She dreams, she hopes, she loves, she has faith. Like fireflies, it glows in her darkest days, the sweet taste of bittersweet memories. Sunshine and Raindrops, a sweet escape of a world only she knows.
She's strong, she's passionate, and she never gives up.
Most importantly, she's loved.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Part 16.


      Faisal went to Starbucks Nuzha drive thru and got drinks for the both of them and drove off. Dalal was silently sipping on her white mocha while thinking of places that Faisal might be taking her to.

“Daloola eshfeech sakta?” Faisal asked.
Dalal shook her head, “mafeeni shay Faisal bas I’m just trying to think of places you might take me to. Wel9ara7a, there’s only one place in mind, la2na men shft your car I remembered ayam awal lama kena enrou7.. Bas madri mathen you’ll take me there, right?” Dalal asked hoping Faisal would say the opposite.
Faisal smiled, “I love how you’re so smart Daloola..”
Dalal smiled back shyly, “So we are going there aren’t we?”
Faisal nodded, “there’s not another place that I can be with you w a5th ra7ty feeh, ghair ehnak..”
Dalal’s face turned bright red and she started playing with her coffee cup to avoid looking at Faisal.
“You do want to go there, 9a7?” Faisal asked.
Dalal nodded slowly, “bas Faisal, magdar a6awel okay?”
Faisal nodded, “enshalla.”

40 minutes later, Faisal parked in front of their shalaih.
Dalal got down and stared at the shalaih. The last time she was here was about a year and a half ago. The last time she was here, it was heaven for her.
The last time she was here, Faisal made her feel like they were the only two people in the world that existed.
Dalal breathed out as goose bumps quickly spread across her body. She was excited, yet nervous.
Faisal took Dalal’s hand and walked inside.

“Shofay, America 3alematni shay wayed ra7 ya3jebich.” Faisal said with a proud smile.
“shno ohwa?” Dalal asked while looking around the living room. It didn’t change much, it still looks exactly the same, but there are a couple new frames with family pictures in them.
Faisal pointed out to the patio where a table was set up. “Gemt a3arf shloun a6ba5!”
Dalal burst out laughing, “enta??? La la ma9adig!”
Faisal smiled sheepishly, “Walla el3atheem, w gemt elyoum el9b7 w sawait lech akl w 7a6aita bel fern 3ala ma you get here.”
Dalal gave Faisal a look, “met2akid ent 6abikh?? Wela nafs awal etgoum men elnoum gabli wetro7 McDonalds wetyeeb akl men ehnaak?”
“Laa walla el3atheem, I made this all for you..” Faisal smiled as he opened the door for Dalal and they both walked out on the patio.

They sat and had breakfast and Dalal was very impressed with how well Faisal’s cooking skills were improved. After breakfast, they sat on the couch facing the sea. No one was around; no one was on the beach. It was a weekday, so they had complete and utter privacy.
Faisal cleared his throat and slowly moved closer to Dalal.
“Et9adgeen, a7s we never broke up.” He said.
“Shloun ya3ne?” Dalal’s heart raced as Faisal put his arm around her.
“Ya3ne, it doesn’t feel awkward being with you. It doesn’t feel awkward talking to you. A7s the year that we spent apart, is nothing. Jad Dalal, a7s we still have that spark.” Faisal looked at Dalal eagerly waiting for her to say the same back.
Dalal breathed out, “Faisal, the year we spent apart, tara it really destroyed me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to have you back, but Faisal I’ve built so many walls since the day you left, its gonna take a whole lot to get me back.”
Faisal tried to hide the look of disappointment from his face; he held Dalal’s hand firmly and looked into her eyes, “Dalal, adre ena ana elghal6an eny 7adaitech. I know I hurt you so bad and you might not trust me, bas wala ya Dalal, I’m going to gain your love back. I’m going to gain your trust again, even if it takes me forever. Daloola, ana a7bich w mabe ghairech w kent jedan ghaby youm eny taraktech.”
Dalal nodded, what Faisal said was a bit reassuring, but she needed more than words.


“Hayoo goleely whats wrong??” Mariam asked Haya as they walked out of their physics class.
Haya looked at Mariam with a worried look on her face, “Maryoom omy mu rathya! W now Faisal madri wayna! Ams 6ala3 men elbait w kan em3a9eb w still marad men ams! Dagait 3alaih w marad 3alay!”
“Waait wait!” Maraim was shocked. “Omech mu rathya 3ala shno??”
“Omy mu rathya takh6eb Dalool 7ag Faisal!! Etgoul its too fast w madri shno! Fa Faisal 3a9ab w 6ala3, bas akher shay omy galat betfaker, w ana madri shaswe!” Haya said frantically.
“Babe awal shay calm down! I’m sure Faisal is fine, la2na law 9ayer baynhum shay chan Dalool told me about it. Bas 3ad salfat omech madri, ya3ne shway 9a3ba..” Mariam said
Haya nodded, “adrii! Welmushkela Faisal besafer in two weeks, so etha be9eer shay rasme, it has to happen now!!”
“Enzain entay kalmtay omech men ams? Wela lama al7een?” Mariam asked
“Laa kanat nayma lama I woke up, w I checked whatsapp 7a6een last seen at 10:00 am, w now its 1:30 w lama al7een magaltli shay!” Haya said
“Enzain shofay, lets not worry about this. I’m sure omech betghayer rayha lama etshoof ena Faisal za3lan w mayabi erd elbait.. shofay, go home 7achay omech w ba3dain e9eer khair okay?”
Haya nodded, “yalla I’ll see you after school!” she picked up her binder and left for last class, while Mariam went to the girl’s bathroom and called Dalal.

Dalal was snuggled up on the big couch and was watching TV when her phone rang. Faisal grabbed Dalal’s phone and saw that Mariam was calling.
“Mariam ga3da etdig 3alaich Dalal” Faisal said as he passed her phone to Dalal.
“Ghareeba she’s supposed to be in school?” Dalal looked at Faisal, “You think Haya feeha shay??”
“Madrii 7abebty reday 3alaiha!”
Dalal nodded, “Halla maryooma?”
“Dalli bser3a, how are you?” Mariam asked in a whispering voice
“I’m good, feech shay? Why are you whispering?”
“Laa mafeni shay, hmm bas kent bashoof how are you!”
“Haya galtlech 9a7?” Dalal asked
“Eeeh w I was just checking up on you to see if you were fine.. ya3ne entay w Faisal.”
“Eeh babe, don’t worry we are.”
“Okaay good, khalas ba6amin hayo! Yalla I gotta go, love you bye!” Mariam hung up and quickly made her way to class.

“Feeha shay?” Faisal asked
Dalal shook her head, “bas Haya’s worried about you. Madagat 3alaik?”
Faisal chuckled, “emballa like 10 missed calls w 3 messages, bas ana maradait 3alaiha.”
“7aram 3alaik laish??” Dalal asked
“3ashan I show them how serious I am about us, I’m not gonna talk to them lama I know for sure omy rethat.”
“Enzain Faisal?”
“3yoon Faisal entay?” he said while moving closer to Dalal.
“Faisal, you’re going back to America in two weeks.. what will happen with us?” Dalal asked.
“Nothing will happen? Baroo7 akhlis my spring semester, ard elkwait, we get married, then you come back with me to America.” Faisal smiled.
“But what if I don’t want to go with you to America? What if I want to stay belkwait, with my friends and family?”
“Aha so your friends and family aham meni?” Faisal said coldly.
“La Faisal that’s not what I meant, aqi9d I just can’t leave my life completely and adapt to a new life this fast.”
“3ayal shno tabeen??” Faisal’s voice was slowly getting louder.
“Faisal eshfeek lat9ari5!” Dalal exclaimed
“Entay betyanineeny! Al7een tawa etgoolen you need to see more action from me to believe ena I’m not gonna leave you, w agoolich I’m gonna marry you w bakhthech ma3ay wet6angreen??” Faisal’s tone was rude and sarcastic.
Dalal had a straight face; this was a side of Faisal she hated the most. The side with the anger issues.
“Faisal please mala da3ay hal a39ab, and what I said was logical. Ana mu ga3da agool I don’t wana marry you, ga3da agoolik ena you can’t expect me to change my entire life for you.” Dalal said plainly.
“W laish la?? Ana mu 7esbat raylech??”
“Tabe et3arf laish la?? La2na lama etna qarart betrou7 wetsafer bara, you never included me in the picture! You made your own life decisions bedoun 7ata lat7e6li e3tebar wala takhth rayey! Then you come to me and tell me you want to break up with me la2na you can’t be in a long distance relationship! You do all of this and expect me to be fine with it! Well guess what Faisal, I was never fine with it! And it all still hurts, and I don’t think you can do anything to take that pain away!!” Silent tears rolled down Dalal’s cheeks. She got up and made her way out of the living room and went upstairs. She knew the shalaih like the back of her hands. She decided not to go to Faisal’s room, and she went directly to Haya’s room.
Dalal took of her blazer and laid on Haya’s bed crying silently from all the pain.

Faisal breathed out angrily. This was going to be harder than he thought. He never knew how deeply he hurt Dalal; he never knew that until now.
He went up to look for Dalal, he found Haya’s room door slightly open. He knocked on the door and whispered, “Dalal?”

Dalal sat up, “Please leave me alone,” she said in a chocked voice.
“Dalal please sam7eeni,” Faisal begged.
“Faisal geltlik, khalni broo7ii,” Dalal said as she cried silently.
“I’m not gonna leave you,” Faisal whispered and stood behind the door.
Dalal got up and closed the door shut, “Faisal, please rou7 I don’t want you around! Rou7 and just leave me alone, ent a9lan laish yeet?? Why are you back in my life?? I was getting over you!” she said and she knew she was lying. She was never over him. She was just so angry and confused.
Her heart is telling her to trust him again, but her mind is telling her to let go..

To be continued…

7 comments:

  1. If dalal dumps him I'm gonna cry.
    Faisal is the sweetest thing , he's trying why can't she see that? ..
    + more more more more more?! :D thanks
    Great add , but short? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the sweetest thing !
      I wont spoil the story for you:*

      i'll make them longer enshalla xx

      -bella xoxo

      Delete
  2. Read mine plz + comment http://i-fell-in.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 4got 2 say that I really love urs, don't be late in posting we're waiting great job(y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing I loved it,I love you;p such an great writer mashala xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      love you too sweetie xx

      -bella xoxo

      Delete