She dreams, she hopes, she loves, she has faith. Like fireflies, it glows in her darkest days, the sweet taste of bittersweet memories. Sunshine and Raindrops, a sweet escape of a world only she knows.
She's strong, she's passionate, and she never gives up.
Most importantly, she's loved.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Part 2.

     She froze. She knew his voice a mile away. She took a deep breath and turned around. It was he, right in front of her. She couldn’t believe her eyes. ‘Was I dreaming?’ she thought. He smiled and came closer. She stood in front of her car observing him. Her facial expression was priceless. It was a mixture of shock and surprise. He came closer and stood in front of her. He didn’t change one bit. His hair was midnight black that she sometimes mistakes for blue. His wide black eyes were staring right at her and she was falling deeply back into them, as if his eyes had the power of the black hole. His full lips were pulled into a smile. His eyes spoke for him. She looked deep into them and knew he didn’t move on, because she still saw herself in his eyes. She moved closer and took in his scent, which was a mixture of Dehn Oud and Creed. She closed her eyes and held her tears back. She just couldn’t believe that the many times she came to his house, he’d never be there; but today, he was standing right in front of her.
He held her face and her heart skipped a beat.
“Open your eyes,” he whispered.
“I miss the loving look you have for me.” He brushed her cheek.  She opened her eyes and unleashed her tears. He shook his head and wiped her tears away.
“Why the tears?” He asked.
She shook her head. She didn’t know what to do or say. A lot could happen over a year. Did he still love me, she thought. Is he still single? Is he dating again? Questions filed her eyes as she stood staring at him with teary eyes. She wanted to unleash everything in her heart that she kept for the past year. She wanted to stop time and catch up the lost year with him. She wanted him back. She took a deep breath and whispered, “I missed you greatly.”
He was thrilled to hear that so he whispered back, “Not as much as I did.” He then opened his arms and she fell right into them. He wrapped his arms around her and picked her off the ground. She wrapped her arms around his neck and watched the world spin as he twirled her around. She didn’t want to let go of his neck but she had to. He put her back down and took one step back. She could see the relieved look in his eyes. How long has he been back, she thought. After a few seconds, they fell quiet. Not the awkward quiet but the shy quiet.  She had so many questions and she wanted answers. 

He cleared his throat and began, “So, how are you?” He asked.
“I’m fine, and you?” She replied casually. She wanted to scream and tell him how happy she was but she wanted to keep it cool.
“I’m good, how’s university with you?” He asked, although what he wanted to know was whether she’s still single or not.
“It’s hectic,” she sighed and looked at his hands searching for a ring, but she didn’t find one.
“May I ask you something?” He asked politely.
“Sure,” she replied eagerly.
“Why did you leave your car and come closer to my window?” He asked.
She bit her lower lip and stared at him nervously. Should she tell him the truth? Tell him that she was dying to see him.
“Hmm, I saw your curtains move and I...” she paused.
“Yes? You what?” He inquired impatiently.
“I thought it was you. I wanted to make sure. I wanted to see you.” She said truthfully.
He smiled, “Then I wish my curtains were open weeks ago.
She fell silent and looked at him blankly. “I don’t understand?”
“I’ve been here for the past three weeks, I’ve seen your car park in front of my house and watched you stare intently at the window and cry. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know you wanted to see me.” He said.
Tears began forming in the corners of her eyes as she remembered the cold days she had in the past week. She stayed quiet. She didn’t know whether to hate him or love him for hiding from her the past three weeks.
“What’s wrong?” He whispered as he brushed her cheek.
“Nothing,” she whispered back.

He looked at her, she didn’t change one bit. Her hair, a brilliant shade of brunette, as usual fell playfully down her shoulders covering her upper back. Her petite figure was covered with an oversized cardigan. Everything about her was still the same. She still wore rings on each thumb and forefinger and had bracelets covering each wrist. He smiled; she was still his beautiful girl. She wanted to feel his skin on hers again. She wanted his touch and kisses, but she didn’t want to seem too forward. He was desperate, he wanted to know if he can still call her ‘his’, despite the year they’ve been away from each other.
“So?” He said.
“Yeah?” She replied.
“Any plans for today?” He asked, hoping she’d say that she had none. She shook her head.
“How about coffee?” He suggested.
“Hmm, sure. I was just about to go get some.” She lied. She wanted to do anything just to be with him. He nodded and just as he did, a tall girl stepped out of his house and came towards them

9 comments:

  1. su2al wayeed muhim ihma ishjinsiyt'hum ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted, love it!

    your way of writting reminds me of an old blogger;p

    please post soon:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Blogger account is messed up. I just saw that you posted:@


    Awwww . . . Your posts just makes me relive emotions & feelings. Makes my heart pound faster. You're talented my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Person; Kuwaiteeyeeen :D!

    N; Enshalla I will:*

    Heaven; Thank youu xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. then can u plz da5el 7achi kuwaiti in the dialoge makes it more realistic <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Person; haha your like the second person that suggested that, will do ;*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stated reading your blog.. and man!! it's awesome!! i'm addicted

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must know what happens!

    and I swear I get so many memories from reading this :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geisha; Welcome to my blog dear;* and thaaank you<3

    The Reigh; you will know what happens . . *soon enshalla*

    ReplyDelete