She dreams, she hopes, she loves, she has faith. Like fireflies, it glows in her darkest days, the sweet taste of bittersweet memories. Sunshine and Raindrops, a sweet escape of a world only she knows.
She's strong, she's passionate, and she never gives up.
Most importantly, she's loved.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Late one night..

          It was getting close to midnight and I was pretty tired but he wasn’t home yet. He promised me that we’d spend the evening together. I waited and waited, but he was nowhere to be found. I was tired and wasn’t up for an interrogation. I called him three times but there was no answer. After my fourth missed call I received a text from him saying, “Baby girl, I’m so sorry. I got caught up watching the game.” I got furious so I ignored him. I turned off my phone and decided to run a warm comforting bath. I filled the bathtub with hot soothing water. I lighted all my scented candles and watched them burn for a while; each candle filled the atmosphere with a different aroma. Steam arose from my bathtub and bubbles started forming as soon as I squirted my philosophy vanilla birthday cake bubble bath. I slowly undressed and dipped my self into the bathtub. The hot water made my body tingle and shiver but my body quickly adjusted to the hot temperature. I paused the whole world and soaked myself till my fingers started forming wrinkles. He still wasn’t back. I gave up and washed off the remaining soap from my body.  I wrapped myself with my warm towel and took in my scent; I smelled like freshly baked vanilla cake and I liked it. I was thinking of locking him out when I remembered he had a pair of the keys as well. So I decided to punish him. I got into my favorite maroon nightgown that ran down to my thighs. I got in bed and pretended to be asleep. Minutes later he walked in and tiptoed to the bedroom. He knew I was upset at him hence he was quiet. I heard him make some noise in the bathroom, and I knew he was getting ready for bed. I could see his reflection from the mirror on the dresser. He had a guilty look on his face. He got in bed next to me and I could feel his fingers trace my soft bare arms.
“Baby?” He whispered.
I stayed quiet pretending to be asleep.
He sighed, and kept on whispering, “I hope you can hear me. Sweetheart I’m so sorry I stood you up.” He slowly started pulling me into his arms. “I just lost track of time and yes, I won’t lie, I forgot our plans.”
I felt bad and I wanted to forgive him. I always let my guard down when he confesses to me and tells me that he simply forgot.
“Baby?” He whispered again but this time right into my ear. He took in my scent and breathed out on the back of my neck. My heart started racing. I wanted him now. He closed his eyes and held me close to him. He was in boxers and a wife-beater shirt. I opened my eyes slowly and waited to hear what he was going to say next.
“I love you baby girl. I’ll make it up I promise.” He started kissing my bare shoulder slowly.
“I love you more.” I whispered back and breathed out intensely.
He smiled and turned me towards him. I smiled back and stared into his mysterious brown eyes. I loved him and he loved me back. I felt his hands slide under my nightgown and trace my sides with a naughty smirk on his face. I knew what he wanted but I wasn’t going to give it to him. Yes, I’m going to torture him. I kissed his lips slowly and pulled away. He gave me a confused look.
“I’m sorry, I’m too sleepy.” I yawned and laid my head on his chest.
“Oh c’mon,” He whined.
“We’ll you should’ve came early. Now there’s no cake for you tonight.” I smiled devilishly.
He started pleading and begging and promising me that he’ll never forget again, but stubborn as I was I didn’t give in to him. He needed to be taught a lesson, and I taught him well.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when people forget something special. Something meaningful. Like always, love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your always the first to comment ;*!
    Yeah well that's life, they forget and we forgive.

    ReplyDelete