She dreams, she hopes, she loves, she has faith. Like fireflies, it glows in her darkest days, the sweet taste of bittersweet memories. Sunshine and Raindrops, a sweet escape of a world only she knows.
She's strong, she's passionate, and she never gives up.
Most importantly, she's loved.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just another discussion.


           For a second he was making sense and so was I. But then his loud voice filled the emptiness of the room, like a football stadium with a really loud audience all shouting at one time. I was sitting down on the bed and he was standing right in front of me. His face was red and his body was stiff he kept on shouting and cussing and I looked at him with teary eyes. Who was this man standing in front of me, I thought to myself. I don’t think he realized he was shouting until I backed away. I breathed deeply and he fell quiet. Both of us stood looking into each other’s eyes. His eyes were blood red from screaming mine were blood red from crying. He came closer and tried to embrace me. I pushed him away; I couldn’t see myself in his arms. I couldn’t see him, not because of my blurry vision, but because he himself was not there. It was as if in the midst of our discussion, Satan came and took over him. He gave me his hand; I shook my head and headed for the door. Crying my life out, I was a mess. My eyes were red and puffy, my face was drained, and I had mascara smeared all over my cheekbones. But I didn’t care, I had to leave his house and go look for him because the love of my life would never yell, shout or cuss at me.

I stood out on the dark street, it was three in the morning and I didn’t know where to go. I stood there in the cold bitter night, hugging myself and trying to hold my body from shivering. I didn’t realize that the only thing I had on was a nightshirt. Moments later, I felt his giant arms around my waist as he pulled me close to him. Not a word left my lips but my tears spoke for me. He held my face and I was prepared for his goodbye, but he kissed my forehead and whispered into my ears, “I’m sorry sweetheart. I didn’t know what came over me, I just couldn’t stand the idea of you gone.”
I breathed heavily and looked deeply into his eyes, “I’d never leave you, not even if they forced me to.”

He pressed his lips on mine, and sucked out all my energy. He held me close to his chest and showered me with his warmth. We stood there in the cold until the sun came up upon the land waking up mankind. I rested my head on his chest and clutched on to his waist. He played with my hair and rubbed my back.
“I love you, always have and forever will.” I whispered.
“I love you so much more my angel.” He whispered back, then lifted me up in his arms and took me back inside. He laid me on the bed, and covered me with a warm duvet. He took his jacket off and seconds later he was in bed next to me. He slid his hands slowly above the sheets and placed them on my waist. Next thing I knew, he was holding me close to him and began singing the sweetest love melody. I kissed his broad chest continuously and he kissed my forehead. I cried my last tears on his shirt and drifted to sleep in his arms. He followed me and slept too. We slept close to each other, like two love birds safe in their nest, holding on to each other. Love binds them together forever and always.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish all bloggers would write this way. So amazingly beautiful.

    I'm a bit curious, where are you from? If you think it's too personal than just skip the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, what way?


    From the gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I really love what you've written so far :) Your writing is exceptional and the way you express thoughts into words are inspirational :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and I hope you always enjoy my stories :D

    ReplyDelete